What is it ? 

Unlike a general Public Liability Policy, Professional Indemnity insurance provides cover for professional individuals and businesses who offer services and advice to their clients. It will protect you against claims brought about by third parties who have suffered a loss as a result of an act, omission or breach of your professional duty.

Do I need it ? 

If you provide advice, designs, handle data or other professional services to your clients then it is recommended that you take out professional indemnity insurance. It may also be the case that your client requires you to have it in order to begin a contract or it is a compulsory requirement of a governing body within your industry. Example occupations that would often require cover include:

  • Business and management consultants
  • Solicitors
  • Creative and marketing professionals
  • Teachers, tutors, instructors and trainers
  • IT contractors and consultants
  • Technical and engineering contractors and architects
  • Accountants, surveyors, architects and more

In reality any business providing a professional service may at some point be on the receiving end to a claim of negligence when the advice or service does not meet to a client’s requirements. These kinds of claims can be costly and disruptive so ensure you take out this valuable cover.

With indemnity limits from £100,000 to £10,000,000 and premiums starting at £100, contact us today for a quote.

Find out more by calling us on 01462 234136 or 07591 027256.

Alternatively, please email chrisslack@gauntletgroup.com